Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Great Communicator

No, Ronald Reagan is not the topic of conversation today. I'm giving that title to Harrison for now. Not that Tru doesn't qualify. It's amazing how infants can quite clearly express emotions at impressive decibel levels. But I'm referring to the adult that is living in my little H-man's body. He snuck in a while ago and is getting quite bold and not even trying to disguise himself anymore. Did he think I wouldn't notice? Like a two-and-a-half (almost) year-old is really going to stroll by you in the kitchen and pause just long enough to amiably mention, "Pretty cold outside, Mom." Or, "Shhh, Baby Trumanator, Mommy here," as he distractedly peruses the contents of my shopping cart. And what about the time I ran upstairs to grab my wallet, came back down without it being in my hand (hey--moms have a lot on their minds) and he just cocked his head to one side and said with just a touch of, dare I say, pity in his eyes, "Wallet?"

Who ARE you? Of course, he'll be quick to tell you if you ask, "Me Air-sin, Mom, me Air-sin." But I'm not so sure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

he has above average intelligence you know- as do all of my grandchildren!! Seeing children learn to understand and then speak language (that sounds strange) is so exciting. I can't wait to see all of you soon. michmom

Michelle said...

Thank goodness we have two moms at our house. Leah is constantly pointing out things I've forgotten or mixed up. It sounds like Harrison will be just as helpful and informative, as he is darling.

Kent Kate & Afton said...

I can just picture H-man with the look he does where he looks at you down his noes. I can't wait to see him again. p.s. I love the bracelet and so do all of my friends!

Jessica said...

What a little man you've got there! Visit this link (http://ramizake.blogspot.com/2008/03/z-man.html) (a post from my sister regarding her son) to take a peek into what it will be like to have a 5 year old. They are all just too cute.