Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The shame faced return

Where does a month go? What the heck happened to November? All I know is that I really wanted to put up some adorable video of Harrison finally walking and I kept putting it off because I have a mental block about capturing video. Anyway, all the sudden I sit down and it's been a month. I know I've got some disappointed fans out there, so I'll try to make it up to you and have a bang up December.

Dan and I have been painting like crazy. We pretty much finished the downstairs tonight if you don't count the office. He motivated me by telling me I couldn't put up the Christmas tree until we did it. I'm having a Christmas cookie exchange at my house on Thursday so my back was up against a wall.

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving. It was especially wonderful because ALL my siblings and their families were there, plus Dan and Harrison and I got to spend multiple nights at both Grandma and Grandpa G's house and Grandma Dot's house. I love that Harrison is getting such fun time with his great-grandparents.

We also just got some fabulous news--Dan's parents are going to be coming down for Christmas! I know that sounds horribly distant calling them Dan's parents--but I try really hard not to use last names since I'm paranoid about internet weirdos. It can be tough doing the no-last-name rule when everybody's last name starts with a G. So forgive me--Dan's parents--whom I love dearly are coming for Christmas! Lauren might be coming too! Yeah! I'm also crossing my fingers for a visit from my parents, but the jury's still out on that one.

Anyway, it's horribly late for me--that's right--after midnight. I'm taking my paint crusted body to bed.

1 comment:

Becca said...

It's not weird to call them Dan's parents. At least not to me.

And I fully expect to see a wham bamming blog in December.