Thursday, September 6, 2007

Who's the prego?


Dan and I always crack a smile when someone mentions "nesting." We first heard the term in our pregnancy and delivery class we took before Harrison joined us. The idea is that a pregnant woman will have all these urges to "nest," like cleaning, organizing, preparing the home for baby, etc and it's usually a sign that labor and delivery are close.

We smile because Dan and I both know I'm not much of a nester. I think I am probably nesting a little more this time than last. I have had urges to complete several things hanging over my head, like scrapbooks and the purging of a lot of extemporaneous possessions, but on the whole, not a big nester.

But as I laid awake for the last two hours in bed (it's five AM now), it occurred to me that Dan's been the one that's nesting. Check out his list of completed projects for the last few weeks:

  • added more track lighting and pendant lighting to the kitchen
  • fixed drywall problems and nail pops in the stairway and upstairs and then repainted
  • added a ceiling medallion and fixed the height to our breakfast nook light fixture
  • reupholstered my rocking chair for me
  • turned our back deck into a covered porch (this was a much bigger project than anticipated)
  • tightened all our toilets (??? I wasn't even aware they needed this done, but Dan suddenly got it in his head he couldn't rest until they were all tightened)
  • majorly assisted with the dresser, including figuring out how to make the old hardware usable
  • lots of mopping and cleaning for me

Anyway, I hope this doesn't count as total bragging up my hubby. If it does, so be it. I'm just SO appreciative of all the work he's been doing to try to make this place feel ready for the new guy and I want to put it on record that I know how blessed I am to have such an amazingly supportive husband, not to mention how smokin' hot he is. Thank you, Danny. You rock.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Freakin hilarious. Jen, I love how you word things. And I love that picture. Harrison is awesome. He and I hung out at the office the other day. I gave him a cookie. :) I hope that you get more sleep soon! That is horrible for you.

Michelle said...

Yay for husbands that finish their projects!! Dan, your house is gorgeous and you've done such a fabulous job with it. Thanks for taking care of my prego little sis! Oh, and were you trying to appear sinister while wielding that drill next to Harrison's ear?