Saturday, October 27, 2007

Seeing it for the first time again

Last night, Harrison helped me see the autumn moon through fresh eyes. We were driving in the car when he first commented on how big and bright it was and begged to get out to get a better look. When we finally stopped, he stood and looked at it for a long time, then slowly lifted his hands above his head, paused to gather all his potential energy, and then jumped as high as he could (probably about three inches) while saying, "Touch. Moon. Touch. Moon." My heart melted about fifteen times while I watched him repeat again and again. He really thought he could get it. I love how taken he was by the moon, and it made me look at it and appreciate it like I haven't since I was two years old. Go out and try to touch your harvest moon tonight.

4 comments:

Flee said...

OH! My heart, he is the sweetest! How can you guys stand it?

Michelle said...

If we could rope the moon for him we would-what a doll!

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest thing. It is a wonderful thing to see the world thru a childs eyes. mich mom

Kent and Kate said...

What a sweetheart! I got a little teary reading that! We can't wait to see you guys!