Wednesday, September 2, 2009

These are the days of our lives

I can't believe it's already September. The boy's birthdays are looming and the flames of time are hungry: before my eyes they're licking away the baby fat and all things infant. Tonight we went for a picnic at Backbone State Park. It was a new kind of family outing for us. Dan and I went one way, grilling and staying close to the food, and the boys did their own thing. Of course, this isn't the first time they've played on their own. It just felt different. Like a family without a baby. We haven't had that sensation in a while.

It was nice. We creek-stomped in absolutely frigid water. The boys were oblivious to the temperature and enjoyed every dirty, slimy moment.

6 comments:

Flee said...

I know. They just grow so fast. Lizzy keeps asking me when she can go to school to learn.

Anonymous said...

I keep singing that song, "your going to miss this" to myself and watch my kids. I just want to remember every stage that they go through. They grow up so fast. Maybe its time for another one,girls are pretty fun!!!!

Kent Kate & Afton said...

I feel that too, even with just one. I can't wait to see those boys at thanksgiving.

Michelle said...

Jen, you express yourself so beautifully...I am feeling the rush of adolescence coming on with LUke and it's hard to let go of my babies. Thank goodness little Claire is here to fill my baby hunger! She is so sweet...

Jessica said...

Hey~ missing your blog, and hoping you haven't called it quits. I see you've been hit by the blog spammer. I got a few of those, but my comment moderation seems to have stopped it.

Brittany said...

Jenn!!!!!!!!! I don't feel the need to say more.







Okay maybe I do. Post already girlfriend!