Friday, April 13, 2007

DEEE-troit BASKET-ball

I can't even begin to tell you about our fantastic Easter until I say a little something about our trip to Detroit. Harrison proved that he can handle flying no problem and we met Mom Gilbert at the airport. How lucky were we to have a grandma willing to give up her spring break to hang out in a hotel with Harrison? (Pretty lucky is right.)


Dan and I got to see the Tigers, Red Wings, and Pistons play. We loved every second of it...except for the humiliating Piston loss. But even that was fun, just to be in the same arena with these guys that I've come to love.


We also did a day trip with Dan's Uncle Fred to the Henry Ford Museum. It was such a fascinating collection of innovation from the beginning of America to the present. Also, it's a Gilbert family rule to go to any IKEA that is within 50 miles of where we are, so you know where we spent several hours. Dan tries to be supportive, but I've never seen him leave an IKEA without being a complete grouch. It is a tad overwhelming, I know, but four hours just doesn't seem like enough.
Harrison had a ball with Grandma. He quickly became a master of pillow-fights and tickle wrestling. He's go looking for with a wicked little grin on his face, looking for trouble. Below you can see him with a treat she indulged him with. That's what grandmas are for, right?

3 comments:

Flee said...

AARRGGGHHHH! I so wanted to go see the Wings! They're my boys! no, no...Men!

Brittany said...

okay, I have to say that I am a bit dissapointed that I didn't see any Piston's gear on Harrison in any of these pictures. That is why I did my research in found this...
http://www.shopadidas.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2560334&shopGroup=R&cp=2019627.2503288.2503391&parentPage=family&colorId=

Brittany said...

Oh how sad, the URL didn't show up completely. I'm on it. Go to:
http://www.shopadidas.com
Then in the search bar type in "Piston's Poly" and that is what the H-man needs. Too cute!