Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Honestly, I have nothing better to do

It's 4:43 in the morning and I just finished cleaning my fish bowl. I have officially run out of things to do to avoid blogging. It was this, or pick things up off the floor, and I'm not that desperate yet. For other mommies out there besides my own and my mother-in-law who I think found being pregnant fun, I've hit the wall. I hurt and I can't sleep. Hmmmm. We've been up to all sorts of fun that I haven't mentioned lately, so let me fill you in.

We went to the Iowa State Fair. This was the Dan Gilbert family's sixth annual trip. Harrison might sum it up by saying "Hot, hot, hot," which is what he's learned to say whenever we walk outside these days. And it was hot, but also fantastic. I didn't partake in nearly as many festivities as usual (I spent most of my time at base camp--Grandma and Grandpa Griffth's camper), but it was more than worth it to see Dan helping Harrison discover the wonders of the fair. In anticipation of the heat, I buzzed H-man's head and pronounced it "fair hair," but I like it short so much, I just might do it again.

Harrison was just as happy at the camper as he was down seeing the sights. My parents brought up all kinds of play farm equipment for him to play with and my sweet Grandma Griffith had a special peice of astro-turf just for him. He was so pleased. It's 106 degrees out here? Puh-lease, people. I've got tractors to move.

We also went boating with Michael and Jessica and their darling Clayton. When Michael told me he wanted to spend all day on the water, I kind of laughed at him and said we'd give it a try, but that I didn't think we'd last that long without a nap for Harrison. There was something magical about the boat and whenever we were driving fast, it just lulled him into this zone. He would just cuddle in my arms and enjoy the wind on his face. It was so fun. We did a lot of swimming and Dan even took to the tube with our little man. I was proven wrong about the whole nap thing. When Harrison got tired, I just suggested to him to lay down on a big deflated tube with a blanket on it and he did it without a word. I was flabbergasted.





I have more I could update right now, but I have the feeling that I might be taking this pre-sunrise opportunity a few more times in the next couple weeks. So I'll leave it for now.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry you're up at this hour. But yeah you might as well blog. Your fingers are about the only things that aren't aching at this point :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are so miserable. When you get little Truman it will all be worth it (after you have had time to forget how you are feeling right now). Wish I was there to play with H so you could rest. mich mom