Monday, August 6, 2007

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens....

A few things that are making me smile these days:
  1. Harrison will be working (it really seems closer to that than playing) with his assorted vehicles and roadways. He must have some definite action in his mind that he wants played out. As he moves things around and arranges them, he softly mutters, "Okay, 'kay....'kay...." It's very intense.
  2. He has begun calling Dan "Owie Face" when we do our family kisses at night. It makes me feel very womanly and feminine that my cheek feels so much softer than Dan's.
  3. We talk a lot in the course of a day. I didn't realize how much until Dan started commenting about it when we were in the car. We started timing him, and Harrison couldn't go more than 14 seconds without calling out, "Mommy--mommy--mommy!!" until I answered him. He did make one 40 second stretch, but that was only because I was already talking to him during that interval. It's maddening but sweet. I promise--I am not exaggerating on the numbers I quoted you. This is my life.
  4. Harrison is starting to do more and more phrases instead of single words. My favorite new one is "Stinky Toes," which comes out clear as a bell.
  5. We have pottied twice on the potty! He goes days without any interest, but we're feeling semi-successful about it when he does want to sit down and have a go at it. Rock on.
  6. I can't believe I haven't mentioned it before now, but we are officially BINKY-FREE. This momentous event happened while we were in Michigan. I'm glad I've got some time for him to get used to this before the little one arrives, who might be using binkies of his own.
  7. Our garage sale last weekend went fantastically and I'm feeling nicely decluttered.
  8. I just today finished my first scrapbook ever. I bought a pretty expensive one about four years ago and have been lugging it and assorted supplies from one place to the next. I used it to chronicle Dan and I's first year and a half together. Good times. That was back when we used to take pictures of each other instead of the little man.
  9. In the past two days, I've recieved two baby gifts--both adorable baby boy blankets. This makes me happier than you can possibly know because I didn't get a one when I had Harrison and I didn't buy any either. That means I used vintage ones my mom gave me and a borrowed one from my sister. Yeah for baby blankets!

I didn't mean to ramble on and on. Who would have thought I'd have nine happy moments to gush about? Since I made it this far, I think I'll just round it out to an even ten....

10. Danny made fresh salsa/bean deliciousness tonight using Brit's recipe (holla, holla!) and then let me eat it as my one and only course for dinner. Mmmm.

4 comments:

mandee said...

I knew it you are a--what's the term you used, maybe-- "crazy" scrapbooker after all. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the interesting update on Harrison. He is the greatest Harrison ever. I was just going to say the greatest but then I thought..hmmm.. what about all of those other fine grandchildren. How can one be the greatest when they are all good looking and above average.! mich mom

Michelle said...

Yay for happy things!! How could you leave off viewing the Harry Potter butter sculpture at the upcoming Iowa State Fair?! Good times!

Anonymous said...

Gtandma Dot here, don't tune in too often but always get a good laugh when I do Can't wait to see you guys-don't even know yet if you made it to the Fair-bets are that you did.
Just came in from watering-got to 93 on my porch today-so I stayed inside-took a nap and watced several past talks by Pres Faust-they were excellent. Love you