Sunday, November 4, 2007

13...the Magic Number

I think it was just a week or two ago that I reported Harrison's ability to count to three. Well, since then he'd gone a little higher and Dan and I have been shocked every time since we haven't been doing much counting with him. Yesterday morning, as we were lazily hanging out in bed (all four of us), Harrison just started happily counting. Dan's and my eyes locked and our eyebrows raised when he made it up to nine without any prompting; then we just sat there as he quickly and clearly kept reciting all the way up to THIRTEEN! We just silently laughed as he then proceeded to repeat "thirteen" at least five more times. I don't know where he picked it up, and he refuses to count at all if I try to join in or prompt him at all (he says, "Mommy, No!" while doing the Swiper, no swiping hand motion).

I had to call Mom right away to tell her about my Mensa-bound tot and she said that Grandma Dot claimed to be able to count to 100 before she was three. Is this true, Dot? I think Harrison's taking it as a personal challenge.

No comments: