Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Things on my mind tonight

I'm back, trying to stay afloat in the blogging world. It can be tough, getting back here often enough to keep your readership feeling satiated and not wanting to roam to greener pastures where the text is not only more frequent but much wittier. So here's a sampling of what's running through my mind tonight:



Here's a glimpse of the boys hanging out this past Saturday morning. I don't know why I love these kind of shots so much. I think it's something about the tired "I just woke up" eyes and the sweet little jammies. My favorite pictures of myself as a kid are morning p.j. shots like this and I want to make sure I have good ones for the boys.

Not to change the subject, but Aldi rocks. I'm munching on a delicious orange I purchased from said store today and get this--the whole bag of oranges cost 99 cents. Nice. Once in a while I'm mocked for driving half an hour to get to an Aldi, but people just don't know how much money you can save. Not to mention it's a block away from the day old bread store. That alone is worth the gas to get there.



I was making soup today and found myself with no onions. If I had realized I was out of them when I was at Aldi, I assure you I could have picked some up for a handsome price, but alas, I thought I had just got a bag. So, in the kitchen, without onions. Then I remember--a couple years back I purchased a number 10 can of dehydrated chopped onions for food storage. I dug through my food storage, found it, and now I have a heck of a lot of dried onion to go through. I'm feeling up to the challenge.



I'm becoming more Southern or something. In the last few months I've been catching myself saying "fer" instead of "for" and I'm not joking. Horrifying. I don't know how to stop it because I'm not even cognisant of it until after the fact. Also, my use of "got" has been annoying me. I don't know if I'm using it differently, or if I'm just becoming aware of it. Hmmm.



Oh!! This really belongs at the top of the blog, not here, but I'm on a roll and not gonna stop. Tru rolled over on Monday! That'd be January 7th. Not even four months old. I realize that may not be remarkable to a lot of people, but I'm coming from the vantage point of the mother of Harrison (Baby Lardo). He didn't roll till he was sitting up at six months. You put on one of those sumo wrestling suits and then you'll see why he was a late bloomer in that regard. Anyway, I'll post a pic of Tru doing a little tummy time soon.



Lastly, I wanted you to check out H-man loving on his tool bench he got for Christmas (Santa found it at Goodwill for $6!)

5 comments:

Becca said...

Aldi is pretty amazing.

And, whatever, you're totally witty.

Kent Kate & Afton said...

I think a little younger than four months is early. Well, at least earlier than Afton. She was more like four and a half months. Nice Truman!!!

Michelle said...

Seriously, how does everyone NOT shop at Aldi. I love that store. Harrison is darling with his new workbench. I think it matches Jake's!

jamie said...

Once again you open my eyes to the wonders of bargain shopping. I just found out that we have an Aldi's here. I had never heard of it before. I can't wait to go next week. thanks! Check out this blog that I stumbled upon. She shares her Aldi meals with the shopping list. It's pretty cool.

http://momadvice.com/food/aldi_meal_plan_fall.aspx

Jessica said...

I think your Harrison is just about the same age as my nephew Zander. I swear, they are so similar - cuddly with their baby brothers, loving their moms, and that last picture in this post is just hilarious. i love it.