Sunday, January 27, 2008

We did it!

After a lot of hard work (see above) and hard play (see below), we have made a cool upgrade to Harrison's bedroom. Over Christmas I was looking at a magazine and saw a built-in bed that caught my eye because of all the storage that came with it. WELL, I just happen to be married to Mr. If-I-Don't-Know-How-To-Do-It-Right-Now-Then-I'll-Figure-It-Out-Pretty-Fast (Actually his name is Dan Gilbert) and he said to just give the word and he'd make it for me. Sigh. It is a charmed life I lead.
Anyway, I couldn't get a picture to truly do it justice. HUGE drawers underneath the bed, floor to ceiling bookshelves, and a beautiful built-in armoire. Now when y'all try to picture what I do with the boys all day, you can think of us all cuddled up there with a pile of books having a reading party. (I'd rather you picture that than some of the other not as sweet things we do every day.)

9 comments:

Becca said...

That's awesome looking! Dan is amazing! I didn't know he did woodworking stuff.

Anonymous said...

Wow I'm truly impressed brother. Your a talented guy (of course I knew that one). What a lucky wife you have. Cora

Anonymous said...

what a man! It looks great! michmom

shan said...

amazingly cool. the sunlight through the window added a little something extra to the masterpiece. :)

Kent Kate & Afton said...

I love it! Did Dan add the sunlight too. That is a nice touch. (Great Work Dan!)

Michelle said...

Wow! It's beautiful, Dan!!! It adds SO much, and I am crazy impressed, although, should I be?! I still love my kitchen bar and cabinet modifications!!!! Thanks!!

Dani said...

Tell Dan I am so impressed. Dude that looks amazing! And all the space it gives for the rest of the room! wow.

Jessica said...

very cool built in stuff. i love it! how nice to lead such a charmed life. =)

Katherine Jeffries said...

You actually make motherhood look fun. I needed that.