Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The family that swims together....

ummm, swims together? True enough, I guess. Last week we joined the Y and I'm already starting to forget what life was like Before the Y (B.Y.). We're settling into a nice little routine. B.Y., when I got home from work, we would have had dinner, done a little couponing, and then read and played till bedtime. Please, that's for amateurs. Now, we throw some nourishment into our bodies and rush to the gym. The boys can't get enough of playing with the other kids, Mom and Dad can't get enough of getting a good workout in, and then (this is the best part for all involved) we get to go swimming! So fun. The only part I'm trying to get the kinks worked out of is the post-pool stuff. Handling Truman when he's dry and clothed can be difficult. He squirms like no other. It comes in handy when he's sticky from jelly or peanut butter--at least you won't drop him. Now try taking his clothes off, get him wet and soapy, and see what I have to deal with in the shower room. It's given me a better understanding of the old expression about greased pigs.

This pic has nothing to do with us swimming (did anyone need that to be said?), but I thought I'd throw in what happened the last time we put the camera on a timer. I'll be sad when our whole family can't fit in that chair.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! Glad you guys are all having fun! Love you all> mi mom

Carolyn~ said...

Oh! I love this. We miss you guys and the boys. Come up soon!

Brittany said...

Every time you blog you give us one more reason to miss you guys even more. I miss our morning world gym dates. I miss you taking Harrison to Good Will afterward. I miss going to Publix with the boys and getting cookies...all in all, I miss my Jen!

Michelle said...

I totally understand the after swimming dilemma. If you put him in a locker with some goldfish, would he complain? :)

Michelle said...

Super cute picture of the family, by the way!

Rob-O said...

can I come swimming too?

Anonymous said...

Jen and Dan
I have a hard time getting hold of you, therefore, thanks to the blog.
Kristen is getting married and I need your real address to send you an annoucement. Also, I can't get in touch with the CIA agent. She's getting married May 1, SLC Temple.
Love you,
Aunt Mildred