Sunday, July 22, 2007

Have you finished yet?

Okay, the last Harry Potter has been out for almost 48 hours now. Can I safely assume we've all read it? If you haven't, you're missing out. Sadly, Dan and I opted out of the midnight book release party this year (being parents automatically makes you lame) and so we weren't able to pick it up till Saturday morning. We got our little family all dressed and ready to go and drove up to Cool Springs (about a 25 minute drive) and . . . they didn't open till nine. We had to kill some time, but it was fun to see such a big rush for it the following morning. I guess I figured all the diehards had got it the night before, but there was a huge line that we had to wait in.

I'd recently been talking with my sister-in-law Jamie about all the great "communities" she's a part of or interested in. It made me feel like I didn't have any interests that I was exploring well enough, but seeing everybody at Borders do this up-and-down look as they take in your anxious grasp of your long-awaited copy of the final HP tome and knowing that we'd all be cracking it open before we even got out of the parking lot made me feel a little better. I'm part of a community too. Just one that likes to picture themselves apparating wherever they need to go.
Anyway, loved the book.

1 comment:

jamie said...

okay so i was nervous to read your latest post because I'm on page 350 right now and i was afraid that maybe some spoilers were included in your post. I'm just a little jittery these days with anything that's related to HP, because I don't want the ending ruined for me. I'm LOVING it so far. can't wait to finish. :)