Monday, October 2, 2006

Kentucky Fabulocity

Yes, fabulocity is a word. Or at least, it should be. What IS the noun form of fabulous? Fabulousness? Hmmm. Regardless, we went to Louisville this weekend and had a FABULOUS time. Abe and Jamie's house is coming along gorgeously, as is their son, Walker. He wasn't sure what to think of Harrison petting him gently, like Rocky the cat. Grandma Doris was out there laying down the hardwood flooring with the men. She and Grandpa never seem to quit with helping us all get our houses built. It was so fun to see everyone.




***Developmental update***
Just last night Harrison started standing behind his little John Deere and pushing it. I don't know whether to be happy or sad. Where is my baby? And who is this skinny smiley dude that nods yes?
Even more impressively, I came upon Harrison today nonchalantly sitting in my rocking chair. I did not put him there. I wasn't sure how to handle this whole I-think-I'll-go-wherever-I-please attitude, so I put him on the floor and told him that he might get hurt if he were to fall off. I turned back around (just to swish and swipe my counters, fellow flyladies) only to find him rather defiantly and precariously STANDING on the rocking chair and pounding on the window in the hopes that someone outside would see how cool he was. I kind of feel like Dorothy when she plops down in the land of Oz. Definitely not in Kansas anymore.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harrison looks so different! He looks so skinny to me! I'm sad that he's changed so much and I haven't seen him since he's changed. Love ya!

Katy

Anonymous said...

Who is this little guy climbing on chairs and growing up too quickly? So thankful that you take the time to take pictures and we can keep up with his antics. Love you!

Grandma Dot

Becca said...

Oh, the things I have to look forward to. :)

Anonymous said...

hey jenni, it was really good to talk to you the other day. :) kyle said you weren't feeling well, i hope you feel better soon. and of course, harrison is just fantabulous. have a good one.

jamie said...

fabulocity should be a word. i just might have to add it to my vocab. and look at those good looking boys. how does the world handle it? :) Walker loved hanging out with his cousin.

xoxo
jamie