Sunday, December 3, 2006

Advent calendars are stressful

I was so excited about this sweet little advent calendar that Uncle Kent and Aunt Kate gave to Harrison. I've never done one before and it's obvious I'm a newbie. There are all these little doors numbered one through twenty-five and it is intended that you open one a day until Christmas. Here it is the third before I remember, and I panicked. I found myself stuffing Harrison's mouth with not only today's chocolate goody, but Friday's and Saturday's as well. He didn't seem to mind. I've gotta stay on top of that one.

I was able to talk to a super old friend yesterday and it made me think that there are literally only a handful of people in the world that you can talk to after months and months and MONTHS of silence and not have it feel weird at all. At least for me that's true. So here's to my fantastic friends and family that I love so much. We really are old souls that have big histories.

On a side note, I was just reading back over what I typed (habit of an English teacher) and the first sentence of the previous paragraph made me laugh. What would a literal handful of people be? When I picture it, it's kind of a gory image, so let me revise what I said. There are very few people in the world you can talk to like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Harrison! He had to eat three chocolates in one day! I'll bet he didn't protest. Can't wait to see him, and yes, the two of you also. I have gone to two yoga classes now...gotta keep this body moving for another year or two. Love you all, mom