Friday, December 1, 2006

It is here I draw the line

We all have our own codes of conduct and I've just discovered another one I live by. Once the Christmas tree is up and it's the LAST DAY OF NOVEMBER, I simply will not use the air conditioning. It's a matter of principle. My house may be 79 degrees (honestly) and my 14 month old son may have, in desperation, figured out how to wiggle his pants down over his chunky little thighs (again, honestly), but here I will stand as a strong woman. I might let a lot of things slide, but here you have found where I stand strong. After Thanksgiving, I will only use the heater. That's the rule.

BTW--By the time I actually sat down and typed my little rant (the next morning), it was COMPLETELY FREEZING outside and my heater has been running and running to catch up. Sigh. Things are as they should be.

1 comment:

jamie said...

great to have you back in the blogging world. you were missed! and i agree with the heater line. luckily winter is definitely upon us today! stay warm and give harrison a great big hug from us!