Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Happiness

Well there are all kinds of things to report with so much going on for the holidays. I first have to rave about the Christmas dinner party that we were able attend Saturday night. My friends Margie and Doug threw it at their house and it was absolutely fantastic. You would have thought it was a professionally catered meal--it was just over the top. And as if all the scrumptious goodies we partook of there weren't enough, Margie sent us all home with these enormous platters of all kinds of made-from-scratch confections. We've been snacking off it ever since. I really have never been to a holiday dinner party before and it was just so fun. Picture pending.

Dan's mom and dad were able to join us on Sunday and we've been having a blast. We've made caramel corn (Grandpa Griff's recipe), played lots of Scrabble, and had a Sudoku tournament. We even got to talk to Grant, Dan's brother who's on a mission, and he is sounding so happy.

I know it sounds like everything is perfect, but I have to admit there is one teeny-tiny cloud hanging over our household. You see, we just got my parents' Christmas letter. (Dramatic pause.) I don't have a copy of it with me, so let me just rebuild it the best I can:



" Jen and Dan are doing well.... Kent and Kate are also doing well and are so good looking that I would give them an award called the 'cutest couple award'."



What? What is this award? When were we notified about this contest? Was there an interview portion? What about evening gown? Sure, Kate would have smoked me on the talent part, but I still should have been given a chance. (For those of you who don't know my sister-in-law, she just happens to be a beautiful, talented ballerina.) It just seems kind of sneaky, Mom handing out secret awards without telling the rest of us there was ever a contest. Michelle and Robbie, how do you feel about this? Dan feels cheated too. Really Mom, if you're reading this, give us an opportunity to prove ourselves. We're cute, we promise. Some would even call us smokin' hot.




This entire to-do has probably been hardest on Harrison. After reading the letter (with a little assistance), he rent his clothing and stared despondently out the window. He's totally ashamed of us.
















Anyway, here's a sampling from our first photo shoot kicking off our campaign for next year's "cutest couple award".



5 comments:

Flee said...

That H-man has the cutest little butt ever! You guys have my vote for the cutest couple of the year!

jamie said...

so far you have my vote!! man oh man are those pics hot! can't wait for the campaign to unfold in 2007

Anonymous said...

okay, i laughed harder at your most recent blog than i have in at least a couple of days. very nice.

Michelle said...

Good thing she didn't touch the "cutest grandchild" award-Harrison is a hard one to be up against,with his consenting to bare it all :)

Anonymous said...

needless to say... you have my vote. You are the cutest couple in the Griffith family I am sure. We will never have the cutest couple contest in our family- scrabble creates enough contention. Traverse City Mom G.