Saturday, December 16, 2006

This weather is for the birds!




Aaah. Yesterday was a gorgeous start to the weekend--right around 70 degrees! Dan called from work in the morning and made a plan for us to meet him up at the zoo; which is where we could be found the rest of the afternoon. It was such a fantastic day. If there was one disappointment, it was simply that the monkeys were not loud. The first time Harrison and I went without Dan we were overwhelmed by them. This time they just sat quietly grooming one another. I'm not sure Dan believed just how loud they were at our first encounter. We went into this little bird place that was all netted in and you could get necter to offer to the birds. As you can see, Dan was accepted in as one of them within minutes and they began grooming him. It reminded me of Mom's Hawaii picture where one is biting off her earring. Dan looked similarly comfortable.


We also rode the carousel again, but for some reason Harrison thought it was horribly frightening this time. Maybe it was our choice of animals--I sat on a quite large ostrich and Dan chose a very pleasant looking monkey. Who knows if we would have had success with the racing beaver again?


Anyway, we're off to a Christmas party tonight...and then maybe to begin our family Christmas tradition. No one has guessed close to it yet.


Oh--and I wanted to let my favorite friend-of-a-brother Shannon to know that I in no way consider her a stalker and I love that she drops in on our blog! Love you Shan!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Dan is loved by all-including the birds! What a picture! What a fun day it must have been. I'm sure Harrison's frightened stage will be short lived and he'll be begging to go back to the zoo often. What a fun day you had. Are you doing surprise or secret acts of service for people as a family tradition?
Mom Griffith

Anonymous said...

I bet you are having an egg nog drinking contest where you drink as much egg nog as possible while standing on your head and drinking through a tube while others pour gallons of nasty yellow liquid into a funnel at the other end and then immediatly standing up and eating a dozen gingerbread men and reciting the Twelve days of Christmas in spanish.... Am I right? If not I think you should seriously consider this one, I had a dream where Harrison was laughing his head off while nog flowed from his nostrils and crumbs fell from his mouth while reciting poetry, must be a sign.
Ben