Friday, December 22, 2006

Let the winning begin

One of the things I love best about the family I married into is that they are game players. A different sort of game player than where I came from (cards, Guesstures, Catchphrase, etc), but game players nonetheless. I've learned to love Scrabble and Monopoly, which are probably the two biggest games when we all get together.

Last year, in fact, we had a huge 18-person bracket Scrabble tournament that was full of scandal and contention. It was fabulous even though I got knocked out first round. I believe Ben came out on top, though there are still disputes about the validity of his win. I'm really looking forward to the second annual Scrabble game, mainly because I know I've got a better shot since there are only five of us to compete.

Anyway, the reason I bring this up is that the gaming has begun. Lauren flew in Wednesday night and we just sat down to a good old Monopoly game. I wiped the board with both of the boys and my win has left me feeling extra festive. I can't wait till Mom and Dad get here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell you, Merry Christmas!