Monday, January 8, 2007

That stuff happens to other people, not US!

***Cautionary note*** the following description is about a certain bowel movement of Harrison's. I will not be offended if you choose to skip this one.

So Dan and I were sitting around last night eating dinner. H-man had already finished and was wandering around playing like the good boy he is. As we're talking, we both hear Harrison poo-ing. This is unusual and we both laugh at it. It sounded a little more liquid-y than normal. I truly am sorry, I know that's gross. Anyway, the sound brought to my mind a road trip I'd gone on with Shell a few years back. I related the story to Dan, including the conclusion which entailed us power washing her van mats at a car wash.

So there Dan and I sat, laughing at the stinky nasty mess Shell had to clean up. It was that kind of arrogant, can you imagine what she must have been feeding her children for THAT to happen? kind of laugh. The laughter hadn't even died from my lips when Dan said, pointing, "What's on Harrison's pants?" That's where the hilarity ended. The ensuing mess involved us cleaning baseboards and floor boards in the dining room, kitchen, living room, and front hall. I honestly don't even understand the physics of what happened. I'm just glad we weren't upstairs on the carpet.

5 comments:

jamie said...

i laughed so hard when i read your post. oh the visual!! Walker will NEVER do that...right?! thanks for sharing, that is too funny.

Anonymous said...

AIN'T LIFE SWEET!!!!
Love you all,
Michigan mom g.

Anonymous said...

AIN'T LIFE SWEET!!!!
Love you all,
Michigan mom g.

Anonymous said...

I just voted on the "haircut" and began reading comments and don't find mine of last week-am I just spinning my wheels and not doing something right?
Grandma Dot

brendaheaton said...

I have the perfect picture from my own childhood for this posting. I'll have to dig it up and send it along.