Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Go ahead, make my day.

Okay, so it's been a little while since I posted. But the most amazing thing happened to me yesterday and I have to share. I haven't been feeling great lately and have been doing a lot of lying around (Harrison is starting to expect a daily Baby Einstein). My sweet sister knew I've been having it a little rough and she drove up from Birmingham and surprised me yesterday. It was so sweet of you, Shell. She brought Leah and Jake with her and Harrison had a ball. Not only did she just hang out with me, but she made dinner before she left. It was no ordinary dinner. It was only the most delicious chicken and dumplings EVER. To top it all off, she cleaned up Harrison's play room when I wasn't paying attention, so when I went in there after she'd left it was just one more fabulous thing.

I just wanted to say thanks publicly, because I'm not usually the recipient of such flagrant service and I didn't know how else to show my gratitude. You made my day. If you want to make it again today, then email me your dumplings recipe.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Wow you have a nice sister!

Anonymous said...

Hadn't read you Blog for awhile-happy to learn Harrison still has his locks. You & Dan making beautiful memories with your music. And think you & Shell have a beautiful bond of sisterhood. I too would like the recipe for chicken & dumplings as the last ones I made were more like raw rocks!

Anonymous said...

Hadn't read you Blog for awhile-happy to learn Harrison still has his locks. You & Dan making beautiful memories with your music. And think you & Shell have a beautiful bond of sisterhood. I too would like the recipe for chicken & dumplings as the last ones I made were more like raw rocks!

Brittany said...

Aren't sisters the best! You are one lucky girl to have such a great family! Tell your sis I will give her a call next time I am feeling hungry - I mean sick...

Hunter and I had a blast with you and H-Man at the bookstore!!!!