Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Beginnings (#1)

I know not everyone shares this feeling, but I truly look forward to the beginning of another year. I love having that fresh empty calendar. And I love the hard-to-miss opportunity to look over the last year and decide what you want to change. I know that it doesn't always come to fruition and New Year's resolutions can be somewhat of a joke, but I do try to honestly make a few postitive changes annually.

And so here we are. My last post was in October. When we were living in Nashville. But no more looking back--onward, ho! Welcome to one of this year's resolutions--30 daily posts. If blogging hasn't turned back into a love of mine after 30 consecutive posts, then I will know at least I tried. I'm hoping it will be enough of a habit by then that I will continue at least several times a week. We'll see.
I'm including a snapshot from the first annual Griffith Nativity that was a smashing success this season thanks to the splendid efforts of my dear sister-in-law Kate. No, she didn't forget to make a costume for Harrison, he just pulled some attitude at the last minute and refused to be Joseph. He opted for rogue shepard instead. Everything else went off fantastically and I'm sure we'll be doing in everytime we're all blessed enough to be together for the holidays.

So happy new year (kind of) everyone--and happy birthday, Mom!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Jen, Back to blogging!! It was great to see you and Dan. We will have to make it down there in the near future!!

Flee said...

I'm so excited to read your following posts! Harrison is so big! My goodness, he's not even a little boy anymore.

jamie said...

will take it!! I hope you love blogging again because than we all win! :)

Becky said...

Welcome back. I may not always comment, but I do check to see how your family changes and I've missed you. Hope you are able to keep up with the blogging.

CassieJoshandAiden said...

I am so glad to see you back to blogging! I love love love reading your blog! I miss you guys, and I can't believe how big the boys are already! I hope you guys have a great time in the new year!

Michelle said...

Good picture, but I was hoping the "expensive" bowl would have been showcased, in all it's glory.