Friday, January 16, 2009

Pink is for girls/A peeping Tru

So, today's science experiment involved static and Daddy and the boys decided they needed to purchase some supplies. Harrison dipped into his birthday money that he's been holding onto and splurged on a pack of balloons. How sweet is that? What I love even more is that it led to the following coversation this evening:

H-man: Do you want the pink balloon, Mom? Pink is for girls.

Jen: (surprised) Who told you that? (I really haven't categorized things like that for him yet.)

H-man: Leah.

Jen: Oh. Well, what color do you want?

H-man: (smiling that "I know I'm being funny" smile) Pink.

******
Dan is really sweet about trying to fill me in on things that I missed while I'm away. Today he told me one that I've been trying to picture all night. I bought some clearanced Christmas Peeps last night as a filler (couponing strategy) and Dan and Truman stumbled upon them this afternoon. Tru just kind of pondered it a moment, unsure, until he saw Dan take a bite of his. The sheer surprise, joy, and ecstasy that then crossed his face were, as Dan described it, an unparalled new emotional height for the Trumantor. I think we can all remember the bliss we felt the first time we realized that someone actually had the genius to cover a sugary marshmallow with yet another layer of sugar. Aah, I wish that had been captured on camera. I remember a neighbor telling me that Truman "smiled from his toes" and he still does.

3 comments:

Flee said...

OH! That is so cute and funny! I love that H has a little sense of humor, so sweet. And I can only imagine the joy in having your first peep. I bet it was great!

Anonymous said...

i miss them so much! their adorable! katy

colista said...

Hey Jen,
This is Colista Kelley (Trapp) from the Nauvoo Ward. I don't know if you will remember me or not but, we had tons of fun together at Young Women's Camp along with Kate and others! I found your blog awhile ago through Kate's actually and have been a lurker! Sorry:) Anyway, love your blog, your boys are beautiful, and you look great! You can check out my blog if you like! See ya! :)